2017 has been a huge year of change for me.
After a quite bad 2016, this new year has seen me take steps towards a new life. If you had asked me in January 2016 where I would be next year, I could have never guessed that I would be travelling the world and accomplishing a livelong dream.
So far this year I have quit my 9-5 job, started a new relationship, and I packed my bags to travel around the world on a one-way ticket…and it’s only the 7th week of the year.
This trip comes with some expectations and many, many, many question marks. Like many who have gone this path before me, there are many things I would love to get to see and accomplish during my gap year. Some of which I might be able to, and some of which I might have to leave for later.
So here is my travel bucket list for 2017
Like many, I have many destinations in mind. It is a big world out there and there are many sights I still have to see.
- Visit Zhangjiajie National Forest Park (China)
- Hike Mount Huashan (also known as the world’s most dangerous hiking – China)
- Teach English in a school (anywhere in Asia)
- Visit the temples in Angkor Wat (Cambodia)
- Ride a motorbike through the streets of Jaisalmer (India)
- See a Bengal tiger in the Sundarbarns National Park (Bangladesh – India)
- Visit Bran Castle (also known as Dracula’s Castle) in Transylvania (Romania)
- See the sunrise at Petra (Jordan)
- Visit the Great Pyramid of Giza (Egypt)
- Walk among chimpanzees in Mahale (Tanzania)
- Go back to volunteer at Upendo Face Orphanage (Tanzania)
- Jump off Bloukrans Bridge (South Africa)
- Walk on the Sahara Desert (anywhere in North Africa)
- Get lost in the blue streets of Chefchaouen (Morocco)
What I have crossed off my travel bucket list so far:
- Visit Neuschwanstein Castle (Germany – 2013)
- Attend Oktoberfest (Germany – 2015)
- Attended a Barcelona FC football match (Spain 2015)
- Visit pyramids of Chichen Itza (Mexico – 2010)
- Attended my first Lucha Libre match (Mexico – 2010)
- Went skydiving for the first time (Canada – 2015)
- Visit Iguazu Falls (Argentina – 2010)
- Witness the amazing Uyuni Salt Flats (Bolivia – 2005)
- Ride down Death Road on a mountain bike (Bolivia – 2011)
- Attend a FIFA World Cup (Brasil 2014)
- Scuba dived in Galapagos Islands (Ecuador – 2015)
- Complete the Machu Picchu 4-day Inca Trail (Peru – 2005)
- Visit the amazonian rainforest (Peru – 2017)
What are your thoughts on my travel bucket list? Is there anything you see that you would like to do yourself? Or perhaps have already done before? Let me know in the comment section!